Opened door still guarded



by Ivette

As I wander through the clearing,
Watching the flowers sway,
The meadow, a place for dreamers,
Has become my home…my final resting place

One key around my neck, a sign of purity;
The patience is over,
so I pull the key from its place
I watch it…soaring through the trees and vines
Waiting…watching…for a single soul to catch it.

I stand at the entrance to wait…
calmly breathing…
Guarding my heart and soul,
but looking for the one
Who will find the key and bring it back to me;
Opening the door to a guarded, simple soul.

Only in dreams do I see the man…
a heart for truth and honor
One with eyes that shine
like the starry night sky
Keeping a smile to guide the lost souls home…
So only in my dreams he lies and waits…
giving me sweet company.

The door is opened, but still quite guarded 
As I watch and wait for him…
I see in the distance
No knight, no prince, no ruler or king is he
Just a man, but more
with the kindest, dearest heart.

His image now branded in my heart and mind
As my eyes continue to search and seek him
His arrival at the door surprises me…
But I won’t turn him away…
for we both know who he is

The one to make me complete…
happiness and laughter and peace
He will give me life anew and no reason…
No reason…to live life guarded again…
He brought me freedom…freedom…
in the image of the key.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like a Penguin love

feel

I Miss You So Much